Joseph Uno was appointed to The Honolulu Authority for Rapid Transportation (HART) Board by Honolulu City Council on July 8, 2020. HART is authorized to develop, operate, maintain, and expand the high-capacity fixed guideway rapid transit system in the highly congested east-west corridor of the City and County of Honolulu. Some of HART’s responsibilities are as follows:
– Direct the planning, design, and construction of the fixed guideway system and operating and maintaining the system.
– Prepare and adopt annual operating and capital budgets.
– Apply for and receive grants of property, money and services, and other assistance for capital or operating expenses.
– Create administrative policies and rules to effectuate its functions and duties.
– Promote, create, and assist transit-oriented projects near fixed guideway system stations that promote transit ridership.
Congratulations, Joe! We look forward to seeing the impact you make in this role.
Full story here:
Disclaimer: The information or opinions expressed in this post are solely those of the individuals involved and do not necessarily represent those of J. Uno & Associates, Inc. and its employees.